Huwebes, Enero 16, 2014

Possibility of Impossibilty



      The film “Trip to the Moon“ (1902) was a silent film. At first, it’s hard to figure out what’s happening in the story or what was it all about. But later on in the movie, I am starting to get the gist of the story. The most memorable moment I witnessed in the film was when they met a kingdom of creatures living there in the moon. And the shocking thing was they somehow resemble the way humans look and behave. But since I am living in the 21st century and at this point in time, many discoveries and studies were made about the moon. Thus, having the idea of creatures living there like us was like a ridiculous thing to me although studies about the outer space weren’t able to disprove the possibility of the “creatures” existing there.

      But assuming I am living during the early 90’s and I’d watched this film, I would probably believe it at first because it looked a little scientific when the characters were having a tour on how the rocket was made. But starting from the part where they hit the moon, and the moon’s face frowned, I would hesitate then if it’s really true because I wasn’t able to see a face when I look at the moon. Also, the succeeding events seem so funny because they looked like they’re in a sitcom. Even with them meeting the creatures of the moon looked very humorous. But maybe after the film, I would come home wondering “Is there really life in moon?” or “Is it really possible to go there?” because you know that in this world, nothing is impossible.

      Although the film sounded so ridiculous at this time, maybe back then it made the people think that all that happened in the film may be true. And who knows that it might’ve awaken the curiosity of some individuals back then that are now making history (or made history) in the study of the outer space? No one knows, but as you know, nothing is impossible in this world.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento