Miyerkules, Disyembre 4, 2013

Hungry for more!?!


Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Movie Review
Meryl Mae Tan
2012-79054

Hunger Games Trilogy is one of the most popular Sci-Fi movie based on book written by Suzanne Collins. It is a Science Fiction film because it uses science-based depictions of phenomena that are not necessarily accepted by mainstream science(1). The Technology was so advance that even when you twirl, your white wedding dress burns and turns into black mocking jay costume, the facilities are state of the art science and technology, and the island where they battle is covered with force field.


It is the visualization of the future after Apocalypse where society/(district) were utterly horrible or degraded that is generally headed to an irreversible oblivion, or dystopia(2). You can see how Science, Technology and Society FAILED not only in the world of District 13 but all the other district. Only the Capitol has access to this technological advancement and used it in inappropriate manner; A manner where they can be in control and suppress others; A manner which is inhumane and unjust. So there is no surprise that people revolt in the end. It is how History works; it is like a cycle of events that keeps on repeating.

First, it is not a feel-good movie. I didn't cry, but most of the time, I was almost about to. I did watched the first film, so I had a little background. And I liked it. I didn't read the book so I didn't expect much. But after seeing the second installment, I craved for more. It is worth watching. Well, the execution is pretty awesome, but I'm not into that genre where you kill other people just for you to survive. It finally get into me the brutal truth about the game. The ending was literally a cliffhanger, and I'm looking forward to the third film.

(1)Science fiction film. Retrieved December 5, 2013, from Wikipedia:

(2)Utopian and Dystopian fiction. Retrieved December 5, 2013, from Wikipedia:



Meryl Mae Tan
2012-79054


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento